how to avoid razor burn?
Want close and quick shave? while not bleeding to death, has been one of the banes of mankind. The electric razor has seriously reduced the blood loss. There are however a few tricks that can help with closeness. Here they are:
1. Make sure you have a smooth screen and a sharp blade. It is recommended that you replace these at least once a year, or you will fail to get a good shave, and may end up irritating your skin.
2. Wash your face. This will help soften your beard and thus make it easier to get a clean shave.
Wash the places you are going to shave with warm water.
Wet a washcloth with hot water. Hold it to your beard/stubble for a few minutes.
Dry your face and dust your beard/stubble with talcum powder.
3. Use an alcohol based pre-shave. This can be used instead of step two. It will remove oils on your skin, and make your facial hair stand straight up. A powder version can be used if you find alcohol to be an irritant.
4. Find the grain of your whiskers. Do this by rubbing the places where your facial hair grows. One direction will feel smooth. This direction is “with the grain.” This other direction will give resistance when you rub it. This is “against the grain”.
shaving tips for men.
Most electric shavers are made for men and most complaint that electric shavers or electric razors are not suitable for their skin due to reasons like itchy and sore skin and also irritation caused by the shavers.
Most men will then just stop using electric shavers and give up thinking that they have a tough beard and also sensitive skin but actually they have to be patient and the face will get use to the shavers after a week or two.
there are 10 additional tips to avoid Razor Bumps, these are also best shaving tips forever.
1. Don’t shave after shower or after you wash your face. Shave when your face is dry for a closer shave but this can be painful sometimes.
2. Shave up “against the grain” and horizontally across the face.
3. To cut easily, stretch the hairs upright with your fingers.
4. Make sure that you follow the cleaning and maintenance instructions and change the foils and cutters as needed.
5. Read the instruction manual for the closest shave tips.
6. Get an electric shaver that comes with an auto cleaning function and also washable.
7. Get the correct shavers. Rotary type works better on light beards while Foil type is for an old fashion way of shaving.
8. Shave daily if time permits because electric shavers are more effective cutting short facial hair and it is less painful. Buy an electric shaver with built-in gel dispenser to minimize skin irritation if you always get razor burn.
9. If you have sensitive skin, apply some baby powder to your face to reduce friction while shaving.
10. Keep the electric shaver away from stray hairs to avoid the hairs being pulled and clogging up the shaver. If the shaver is powered up by batteries, keep some spare batteries.
Hope these shaving tips will work for you.